Microsoft 365 is a monthly subscription service that includes greater cloud integration and the latest updates, whereas Office 2019 is a one-time purchase service that is often less expensive but does not include upgrades.
The release of Office 2019 has caused considerable confusion among Microsoft customers.
We had analyzed the several differences and similarities between them and it will help you make the best decision while buying the device.
So, let’s dive in.
- Microsoft 365 Vs Office 2019:
Microsoft 365 Vs Office 2019:
Microsoft Office 365:
The Microsoft 365 is a Microsoft subscription that provides up-to-date modern productivity tools and key features to make your life easier.
It allows users to use traditional apps (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and web-based apps like Teams, Yammer, Stream, etc.
Microsoft 365 offers the ability for small and medium-sized organizations, corporations, schools, and non-profits, and also packages for home and personal use.
- All subscriptions include 1TB of cloud storage (about 300,000 images or 1,000,000 docs).
- It can be installed on 5 computers, 5 tablets, and 5 mobile devices for each user.
- A user’s membership can be extended with six family members (depending on their membership plan)
- Tools for adding, deleting, and managing Office 365 accounts are included in simple user management.
- Normal security updates and access to the most recent features are also offered.
- No need to pay upfront:
- Choose from monthly or yearly instalments, and pay for the entire year to save money.
- Free Skype credit for contacting landlines every month.
- It’s overwhelmed by new changes.
- Unnecessary features can be purchased for a fee.
Who should buy Office 365?
The many cloud-based tools, features, and functions enable a new way of working with Microsoft 365 that boosts office productivity more than Office 2019.
It is ideal for companies that want to take their work to the next level with the latest features, security updates, and technical support regularly.
Microsoft Office 2019:
Microsoft Office 2019 is a single edition of the Office suite of applications.
You simply have to pay a one-time fee for a PC or Mac, and you own the copy for a lifetime.
- You need only pay once and then you can use it forever.
- Subscribing will be less expensive in the long term than obtaining a license.
- Windows 10 and macOS are the operating systems that are supported.
- This version does not have an excellent choice (you will have to repurchase it at full cost when the next version is released).
- The mainstream’s backing is good for five years.
- Some information is required for installation.
- Security updates are limited.
Who should buy Office 2019?
If you only want to install the office suite on one device and want a more traditional user experience, Office 2019 is a good choice.
What is the Difference between Microsoft 365 and Office 2019:
|Microsoft 365||Microsoft Office 2019|
|Microsoft 365 is the latest version.||Microsoft Office 2019 is the latest version.|
|Purchase a little monthly charge or pay in advance for a full year to save money.||Take into account the one-time expense.|
|The Office programs such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook have been updated to the newest version.||Microsoft Office Home includes tools based on the Office version, and student-only software including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.|
|Microsoft 365 Subscriptions can be used on five devices at the same time.||It can be installed on a PC or Mac only once because it is a one-time purchase.|
|You can keep your data secure in the cloud with 1TB of cloud storage per user.||There is no cloud support.|
|Throughout the subscription, technical, subscription, and billing assistance are all available.||During the installation, technical assistance is provided.|
|Office also provides a free online version that you may use in a web browser.||Simply create a Microsoft Account and provide your email address to get started.|
Is there a difference between Office and Office 365?
Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 are not the same.
Despite the fact, that they both offer the same range of tools you cannot discover the same features.
Besides the price, there are some other differences in the characteristics.
Does Microsoft 365 include Microsoft Office?
Microsoft Office is a package of Microsoft products that includes Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
On the other hand, the Microsoft 365 package includes all of those programs and a few additional features.
Hence Microsoft 365 might be considered to include Microsoft Office.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Office 365 and Office 2019 the same?
Microsoft 365 is a monthly subscription service that has better cloud integration and the latest updates, whereas Office 2019 is a one-time purchase that is often less expensive but does not include an upgrade.
What is Office 365?
Microsoft 365 is a subscription that combines the most collaborative and up-to-date features in a single, seamless experience.
Can I have both Office 2019 and Office 365?
Yes, you can run both Office 2019 and Office 365 on the same machine.
Microsoft wants you to choose Microsoft 365, but before purchasing you need to estimate your demands.
Moving your workers to a contemporary workspace on Microsoft 365 is something we advise if you want to keep updated with the times.
Your users will produce greater business results if they have access to the newest productivity tools.
Microsoft Office 2019 is superior when you want to get Word, Excel, and other programs without worrying about updates or paying money every month or year.
Section Under: Differences